The Harmonic balancer is primarily responsible for driving the engine accessory belt as well as dampening crankshaft harmonics/vibrations.
The high temperatures found in most JZ engine bays along with the number of high load accessories all driving off the belt often lead to the outer pulley section losing its bonding to the rubber dampener section. In this scenario, major damage to the radiator, engine fan and sometimes even bonnet can occur.
Due to the severity of damage when this component fails, many people opt to replace this pulley before it happens, during the 100,000km timing belt service.
Response Cubed is a distributor of OEM quality service & performance parts.
• DIRECT replacement for the original Toyota pulley
• One pulley to suit all 1JZ & 2JZ applications
• Suits VVTi and non-vvti
• Suits turbo and non-turbo
• Fully balanced from the manufacturer
• Balance tested in Australia (See images for balance report from our own personal testing)
• Durability tested in Australia
• OEM quality at a fraction of the OEM price